Designrr in a Nutshell
Excellent: 4.9 / 5
I am a premium subscriber of Designrr and have been using it to convert my blog content into eBooks. I find it very easy to use. Put the URL of your source (blog post, podcast, YouTube videos, Facebook Page, and others) in Designrr and your eBook will be ready within 2 minutes. In this review, I’ll show you exactly how to use it to create your eBook and explain its best features.
Price: $29/month (Standard Plan) and $39/month (Pro Plan)
Special Offer: Get Designrr (Standard Plan) for a one-time fee of $27 from the link given below. No monthly fees.
As a professional blogger, I know how valuable an eBook can be to increase your audience reach. Provided you’re offering something valuable in the eBook.
Though you can create an eBook in PDF form from applications like MS Word or Google Docs, you’ll need to create it from scratch.
Or if you’re like me who already has content in the form of blog articles or YouTube videos or even podcast, I would always recommend to use Designrr.
In this review, you would get to know what is Designrr? Is it worth it? Can it help in creating a professional looking eBook in quick time?
I’ll answer all these questions and more in my Designrr review below.
Designrr Review: Overview
Designrr is a cloud based software application developed by PageOneTraffic, content marketing software company.
In April 2016, Designrr was launched as an online tool that creates visually attractive and professional eBooks or lead magnets from web pages.
After its launch, it has quickly become one of the most used eBook creators around. Let’s see what exactly Designrr do?
Creating fresh content is hard.
What if you already have the content in different formats like web pages, videos, podcasts and others, and you just use a tool that automatically imports your content and transforms it into an eBook, PDF or Kindle book.
Designrr does just that.
Designrr allows you to repurpose your existing content in the following ways:
- Transform blog post into a PDF
- Publish PDF as a Flipbook
- Turn a Podcast into a Blog post
- Convert Word document into ePub
- Transcribe YouTube video into PDF
- Publish Podcast as PDF
- Transform Blog post into dynamic Flipbook
- Convert YouTube video into Blog post
As you can see the possibilities are endless with Designrr.
Do You Even Need Designrr?
Designrr is for people who don't want to create content from scratch. People who use Designrr include:
- Content marketers. They can quickly grow their email list by creating lead magnets from their existing content using Designrr’s blog post to eBook feature.
- Course creators. They can convert their existing content into ebooks, PDFs, blog posts and dynamic flipbooks.
- eBook creators. Write, publish and sell ebooks by converting web or Word content directly into PDF, Kindle format (mobi) and epub.
- YouTube creators. Convert YouTube videos into ebooks, blog posts, and lead magnets using auto-transcriptions and screen capture editor.
- Podcasters. Publish Show Notes and transcripts using Designrr’s AI instant transcription service.
If your avatar falls in any one of the above, Designrr can save your time as well as money in hiring content creators.
How Designrr Works?
Once you create an account at Designrr, log in to your Dashboard.
Below is a screenshot of my Dashboard (I already have a premium Designrr account). To begin, you have to select - New Project.
Complete the below mentioned steps to create your first eBook with Designrr.
Step 1: Choose Your Source
Content can be imported from any of the following sources.
- Import from Blog URL
- Import from Word file, Google doc
- Import from YouTube
- Import from Podcast
- Import from old PDF
- Import from Facebook page, Facebook group, Facebook live
Screenshot given below is an example of importing content from an existing blog article.
Enter the URL of the article, and select Fetch. You can also import content from multiple URLs. Click on Next to move to the next step.
Step 2: Choose Template
In this step, choose from the pre-made templates offered by Designrr divided into different categories - blogging, advertising, beauty, digital marketing, career, health and wellness, hobby & carfts, education, ecommerce, insurance, self-development and many others.
Select the page size. You also have the option to preview each template in the web version as well as the pdf version to see which one suits your needs.
Remember you can still change your templates and do customization as you like once you’re inside the Designrr editor.
After selecting the template, Designrr editor will open where you can customize each and every element of your content.
Step 3: Customize Your Content
Designrr editor contains popular customization elements that allows you to create professional looking eBook or lead magnet.
Inside Designrr editor interface you can:
- Add a Cover Page, a New Page and a Back Page
- Add Table of Contents
- Add CTA
- Add image or embed video
- Customize layouts into different columns like 2 columns, 3 columns or 4 columns
- Add contents from Facebook Page
- Add shapes like rectangle, circle, star, triangle, arrow
- Change your template entirely
- Enable Auto-Save
- Add page numbering, header and footers and more
Step 4: Publish Your Content
Once you’re ready with the content, there are multiple export options available.
The ready content can be exported as PDF, Kindle, iBooks (epub) and even HTML. It can be used to:
- Grow your email list by offering lead magnets & ebooks
- Earn money by selling eBooks on Amazon (Kindle)
- Upload your eBooks to the Apple Bookstore
- Embed your book onto your blog
- Embed your audio or video transcript direct to your website
- Embed SEO friendly Show Notes on your blog
Why I Recommend Designrr?
Reason 1: You don’t have to create content from scratch
Creating an eBook from scratch is tough.
With Designrr, you can repurpose your existing content into PDFs, Blog posts and ebooks using pre-built templates.
Using this process, one can save themselves from hiring content writers or adding content all on their own.
Designrr includes everything you would be looking to create great digital assets.
Reason 2: You don’t have to a graphic designer
Your finished eBook should be visually attractive in the first place.
But every one can't be a graphic designer.
Pre-built templates and intuitive Designrr editor contains elements that can convert your content into a beautifully designed professional eBook.
Elements you can find inside Designrr editor are cover page, table of content, CTA, columns, column layout, page number, header & footer and others.
Reason 3: The Designrr interface is super easy to use
Once you import blog post, PDFs or Facebook posts, you'll get a professional product created with the tap of a few keys.
Each component of your eBook can customized easily inside the Designrr editor. You need to get used to the interface once and editing will be a breeze.
You can also elevate the overall look of your eBook by adding copyright-free stock images.
How Popular is Designrr?
With over 1.9 million eBooks already created on Designrr platform, here are some useful statistics to consider before making a purchase decision.
- 100000 plus users
- 12000 plus daily projects
- 9000 plus daily exports
- 1800 plus transcriptions
Designrr has an incredible 4.5 rating on Trustpilot.com. Trustpilot.com is an independent platform where real users of products post their reviews based on their experiences.
How Much Does Designrr Cost?
Designrr do not offer any free plans. However, they do offer 7-days free trial on their paid plans.
Designrr has the following four paid plans:
- Standard Plan: It costs $29 per month. This plan includes 100 project templates.
- Pro Plan: It costs $39 per month and include 300 plus project templates, 200 plus cover designs,
- Premium Plan: It costs $49 per month.
- Business Plan: It costs $99 per month.
Features common to all the four plans are:
- Create unlimited eBooks
- 922 Google fonts
- Unlimited use of copyright free images
- Page numbering and Table of Contents generator
- Import from Blog post, MS Word and Google Docs
- Flipbook generator
Pro Plan, Premium Plan and the Business Plan include the following additional features:
- 200 plus project templates
- 200 plus cover design
- 3d cover image tool
- Export to Kindle, iBooks, ePub
- Flipbook generator from any PDF
- Import from any Facebook Page
For a limited time, Designrr is offering the Standard Plan at a one-time payment of $27 instead of monthly payment of $29.
Designrr is not the only tool available at your disposal. However, with over 100000 users, it is the most ubiquitous.
Other alternatives of Designrr are:
- WPS Office / Google Docs / MS Word
If you prefer writing your own content from scratch and want to create an eBook in simple PDF format without advanced features, you could consider using any of the above three tools.
All the three mentioned above are free to use but lack advanced features of Designrr.
My Verdict: Is Designrr Worth It?
I think Designrr is the best tool to create an eBook if you already have an existing content in the form of Blog post, YouTube videos, Podcasts, Facebook Page and others. Plus it contains some of the most advanced features that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Designrr interface is the easiest and most intuitive to use than its competitors.
You can download your eBook created in Designrr in multiple formats. It makes it super easy to distribute your eBooks on multiple platforms like Kindle, as a PDF, iBooks etc.
Without Designrr you would need to create by yourself all the different formats.
When it comes to creating my own eBook, I was looking for a tool that is super easy to use with features that can create professional looking eBook and other content.
That is why I choose to use Designrr.
Thanks for reading my Designrr review. I hope you found it useful.