In this Designrr tutorial, I'm going to show you how to create an eBook step-by-step. Let's begin by looking at what Designrr is all about.
Designrr is an online tool to create eBooks or Flipbooks either from scratch or by importing your existing content from various sources - Blog Post, Old PDFs, YouTube Videos, Podcasts, Facebook Groups, and more.
It has a built-in editor that allows you to do all the customization or formatting to your eBook - Add Table Content, Page Number, Margins, Padding, Fonts, Background, Links, Images, Videos and more.
Once you're happy with the design, look and content of your eBook, you can download it in all popular formats like - PDF, EPUB, Kindle File Format and others.
Let's get started and learn how to create an eBook in Designrr.
How to Create an eBook in Designrr
Log in to your Designrr account and go to My Projects and select New Project.
As I have stated earlier that Designrr allows you to repurpose your existing content from different sources, on selecting New Project, it will ask to select the source of your content or start from complete scratch.
Under Select Import Option, select any one of these options:
- Import from Blog Posts
- Import from MS Word or Google Doc
- Import from old PDF
- Import from Facebook Page or
- Start completely from scratch
Select any one from above that suits your requirement.
In this article, I will show you how to convert your existing blog content into an eBook. To do this, we will select the option - Import from blog post/s or URL.
In the next step, enter the URL of your blog post and select Fetch.
Useful Tips. Designrr allows you to import content from multiple URLs. Thus, if you want to create an eBook by combining articles from more than one blog post, you can also do that easily with the help of Designrr.
Enter your blog URL as seen in the image above.
If you want to import from multiple blog posts, enter one URL at a time and click on Fetch. Repeat the same process for other URLs.
Here, you can also add tag to your project.
After you have finished fetching your URL/s, click on Next to continue to the next step.
Designrr offers pre-built templates that are categorized into different genres - advertising, blogging, copy writing, digital marketing, e-commerce, education, finance, health & fitness and others.
Before selecting any template, make sure you select the right dimension for your eBook. On the right side, you have the option - Page Size, that allows you to select one from the following available sizes under both Portrait and Landscape orientation - Letter, A3, A4, A5, Legal, Square and more.
After selecting the proper size for your eBook, select the template you want. Designrr also gives you an option to preview your template in both the Web Version and PDF version (see the image given below).
When you choose the template of your choice, the Designrr Editor will open, where you can customize your selected templates - add text, background color, font type, font color, font size, table of content, padding, margin, image, shape, header & footer and more.
This is the most interesting part, the Designrr Editor. Below is a preview of the editor which loads automatically when you select a template in the previous step.
Let's understand the interface of Designrr Editor:
- At the center of the editor you can see your choosen template. First is the Cover Page followed by the inner pages and in the end you get the Back Page.
- On the right side, it has the Navigator panel, that allows you to easily move from one page to another.
- On the left side, you get the customization panel with all the important editing options to make changes to your eBook which I will explain in much detail below.
- On the bottom left of the editor, it contains the Save, Undo, Redo and Publish option. It also contain an eye button which gives you clutter-free experience to view your eBook without any panel or any other options.
- Bottom right of the editor contains the chat icon that lets you connect you to the Designrr support team. Please note that it is not a real-time chat feature. You may have to wait a couple of hours before you get a reply.
About Designrr Editor Interface
Before we move on to Step 6, here is all you need to know about the customizable options available inside the Designrr Editor Interface.
Please Note. Designrr editor is basically a drag-and-drop interface, so to use any of the editing options as we're going to discuss below, you just need to click on the option and drag it on your eBook page. That's it.
- Import Content. Use this option to import content from a Blog Post URL, Google Docs, Word Docx, PDF or Draft.
- New Page. This option add a new page to your eBook.
- Page Break. If you need to shift one or more paragraph to next page, you can just drag the page break option just before the paragraph you want to shift.
- Table of Content. A table of contents (TOC) provides rich reading experience to your eBook readers. It allows readers to navigate between different chapters easily. To add it, click on the TOC element and drag it on your page. It will scan your eBook for headings <H1>, <H2>, <H3> and it will automatically create the content for you. And of course, you can edit it and make changes as per your requirement.
5. Chapter Heading. It allows you to add headings to all the chapter in your eBook.
6. Page Number. Add page numbers to all the pages of your eBook to provide easy navigation to your readers.
7. Captioned Image. Need fancy style caption for your images, Designrr has got you covered. You can easily add caption to images and customize it to change its layout and design.
8. Embed Video. This option allows you to add a link to your YouTube, Vimeo or Wistia videos in your eBook.
9. Call to Action. If you want your readers to take some action like visiting your website or sign up for your email newsletters, you can add a Call to Action button containing your link to your eBook.
Other elements are Inline CTA, Table and Media Objects.
- Heading. Add headline to any section of your eBook.
- Paragraph. Add a new paragraph to your eBook.
- Ordered List. Add numbered list to your eBook, perfect to display items in a numbered series.
- Unordered List. Add simple bullet points to your eBook if you don't want to display items in a certain order.
- Definition List. If you want to display definition of some important/difficult words to your readers, this option could be very handy.
- Link. All links that you create inside Designrr are clickable. This option let you create clickable link (hyperlink) to any text inside your eBook.
- Divider. Add a horizontal line in between paragraph or any other places inside the eBook.
- Marked Text. To draw attention of your readers to some specific text, you can use Marked Text to highlight your text with a specific background color which can be easily modified.
- Blockquote. If you want to place a quote of your own or any other personality, use Blockquote.
Other Important Options
- Images. Designrr offers thousands of free copyright images that you can use on your eBooks. Click on Images, enter your search term and press Enter. Within a few seconds, it will show hundreds of images based on your entered term. To add any image, click on the image and drag it inside your pages. You can also upload your own images from your computer.
- Artwork, Shapes and Icons. Artwork lets you select from thousands of images categorized into different genres - accounting, blogging, business development, chatbot marketing and others. Shapes allows you to add rectangle, circle, triangle, star, arrow, random wave and others. Icons contains lots of professionally built icons to use on your eBook. You can even find icons related to social media sites, internet, birds, animals, transport, tools, etc.
- Layouts. Your eBook can be customized to add different layouts in your pages. Designrr provides Layouts option which allows users to add custom layout like - 2 columns, 3 columns, 4 columns, cover page, back page, back page template and more.
- Templates. If you're not happy with your current template, make use of this option to change your eBook template.
- Settings. You can use settings to set default size for our pages, content boxes, page numbering and headers & footers. You can also enable Auto Save which is a great feature by Designrr that automatically saves your work in case of power cut or any other issue with your system.
As you can see from above that Designrr comes with powerful editing options and features that can help you create your eBooks with different layouts and offer excellent reading experience to your readers by combining features like table of content, page numbering, images, icons, videos, captioned images, clickable link, call to action and more.
In this step, you're required to make tweaks to your eBook designs, checkout layouts and fonts, header & footers, margins, padding, etc. and see that everything looks perfect from your end.
Next is the final step where we'll be publishing our eBook in the preferred format.
Useful Tips. If you're creating the eBook from scratch directly into Designrr make sure to proofread it with grammar checker tools like Grammarly to see that there is no spelling or grammatical errors in the book.
When you're ready to download your eBook, select the Publish button. Make sure that you select the right format for your eBook.
Designrr offers the following eBook formats - PDF, Mobi, EPUB, Flipbook and Kindle File Format.
After choosing the file format, enter the Title of your eBook, Author Name and select Export to download the eBook to your computer.
And that's it, you've successfully created an eBook with Designrr tool.
I hope that the small tutorial covered here has helped you learn how to create an eBook with Designrr.
There are other popular tools also like Canva that are also quite handy in creating an eBook. But I like and recommend Designrr because apart from its powerful editing features, it has the ability to import your existing content from different sources that no other tool possess.
For a limited time, Designrr is offering a lifetime deal on its Standard Plan which normally cost $29/month. Get the deal at a one-time payment of $27 only using the link given below.
Designrr is a great tool to convert your Blog Posts, Podcasts, YouTube Videos and old PDFs into eBooks, Show Notes, Dynamic Flipbooks, Transcripts, PDFs and Web pages.
It is flexible enough to allow users to start from professionally design templates or build completely from scratch.
If you want to learn more about it, check out my detailed review on Designrr where I have explained all of its features in much detail along with its pros and cons, price and more.
eBooks are a great way to build your audience. You can use it as a lead magnet and offer it for free to your site visitors or sell it to earn passive income every month.
Sharing is Caring! If you like my effort in creating this article, please take a moment to share it on social media websites. The sharing link is given below.