Google AdSense is a product from Google. It is mostly used by website owners to make money by displaying banner ads on their sites.
It is one of the best contextual advertising networks. It means that Google shows ads based on the context of the article a reader is reading (Contextual ads).
When you join Adsense, you can display its ads on your approved sites that earn recurring income for you month after month.
Besides affiliate marketing, displaying advertisement is another great source to earn regular income from a blog.
See below the recent incomes that I have earned from one of my blogs by displaying Google Adsense ads.
However, Google Adsense is not the only ad network out there. There are many good alternatives that you may want to try out.
What Is Google Adsense?
Google launched Google Adsense, one of its most profitable products, in the year 2003.
It serve ads in different formats such as text, images, video, and interactive media advertisements.
Blogs that gets consistent traffic from search engines can join this advertisement network to earn regular income every month.
Best Google AdSense Alternatives
Google Adsense is one of the best advertisement network for bloggers or publishers to get started with online monetization.
Millions of websites around the world use this network for monetization. However, it has its own limitation that may force you to look for its alternative.
Why should you look for Google Adsense alternatives?
- Google Adsense has a very strict approval process. It could be very hard for new bloggers to get approved if their site didn't conform to certain metrics such as appropriate site content, traffic and others.
- Your site may never be approved if it has insufficient content.
- Your Adsense account can be banned anytime for policy violation or invalid clicks. You might need a network that serve as a backup to generate revenue for your site.
- You may want to try other ad network to compare earnings with Google Adsense. For example, in certain demographics, some network may outperform Adsense in terms of earnings.
- AdSense takes 32% of the revenue generated with ads and share balance 68% with the publishers. Some alternate ad networks offer greater revenue share than Adsense.
- Instead of replacing Adsense completely, you might want to try a network that runs alongside it. This may provide a boost to your income. Adsense actually allows you to run other network ads as long as it doesn't violate its terms of service.
Let's get started with the best Google Adsense alternatives.
Media.net is one of the largest advertising company that has presence all around the world. It is similar to Google Adsense in the sense that it is also a contextual ad network.
It is considered as one of the best Google Adsense alternatives.
Bing and Yahoo Network is the company behind Media.net which is currently the second largest contextual advertising business worldwide in terms of revenue. It's comprehensive portfolio include ads in the following segment - search, native, display, mobile, local, products and video.
Over 500,000 websites uses Media.net platform to monetization their traffic.
Media.net has the following ad formats:
- Contextual Ads: Advertisers pay more per click when visitors with qualified intent clicks on their ads. Media.net excel in this respect as they display contextual ads taking into account the user's intent via relevant search keywords.
- Display Ads: Media.net also has good inventory of high-quality display ads from top advertisers from around the world.
- Native Ads: Publishers also have the option to display native ads on their site. These ads are completely customizable to the look and feel of your pages for higher user engagement. Another advantage of displaying native ads is that it gives you the option to drive your audience to contextually relevant articles on your site.
Media.net approval process is not as strict as Google Adsense. If you have a blog that produces quality content then there is a higher chances of getting approval.
The minimum payout is $100. Payment are processed via Payoneer only after the account balance reaches the $100 mark.
PropellerAds is an AdTech company founded in 2011. It is popular for its pop-under ads. However, it's inventory also include standard banner ads, on-click ads, and in-banner video ads.
Publishers also has the option to use ad format like sliders, sponsored links and others.
Popular and profitable ad format offered by Propeller Ads are:
- Push Notifications: It displays browser notifications to your site visitors. It doesn't slow down your website as it takes no space on your website. It brings instant per-subscription revenue (CPS) and you earn even if a subscribed user does not visit your site again.
- OnClick Ads: It is also known as Popunder ads. It is the top performing ad formats in terms of revenue. These are full-tab ads that triggers on user action. It appears on the new browser tab allowing you to monetize every site visitor.
- In-Page Push: In-page push banners look similar to classic push notifications. The ad banners are displayed on your site and it doesn't require any user subscription.
- Interstitials: These are fast-loading, skippable ad units, that are displayed in between web pages. These ads offer additional monetization opportunity as they can be easily customized and offer high CTR.
With 32000 plus active advertisers, you can expect a great ad fill rate on your site.
Thus, if you are looking to generate more revenue through your site alongside Adsense, you can join PropellerAds network. It's one of the best alternatives to Adsense.
PropellerAds has a very easy approval process for web publishers. If your website is big or small with good content, it can be approved easily.
You can expect good revenue by displaying ads if your site falls in these niches - finance, games, movies, entertainment, dating, or software.
Even if your site doesn't fall in these niches, you can always try this network to see how much you can earn from it.
The minimum payout is $5. Payments are made every week on Thursday. You're not required to request for payment as all payments are issued automatically once you reach the minimum threshold amount of $5.
You can get payment via PayPal, Payoneer, Skrill, WebMoney and Wire Transfer.
Infolinks ad network is another good alternative to Google Adsense. Over 350000 websites around the world uses Infolinks to monetize their websites.
With 1.5 billion monthly ad impression, it is the third largest marketplace for web publishers. It offer ad solution to both publishers and advertisers.
Ad units provided by Infolinks are fully customizable. Its smart algorithm target user intent that helps to generate higher engagement and CTR.
Following are the ad formats offered by Infolinks:
- Intext: Works by scanning a page’s content in real-time to deliver relevant ads. The ads are neatly presented within a page’s text, delivering effective results.
- Inarticle: Highly viewable ad which opens once a user engages with the page content. Serves various ad formats including video and native in order to boost unit engagement and revenue.
- Infold: This clever ad unit takes advantage of the power of search and display, delivering ads on a wider scale of traffic. InFold appears in a unique location right above the fold.
- Inframe: Provides a solution for unused real estate on wide screens. These attractive display banners present relevant and perfectly timed ads, that appear alongside your content.
To join Infolinks ad network, you are required to register as an publisher. Within 48-hours your site will be approved for displaying ads.
Once you’ve been approved you can login to the Infolinks Publisher Center to implement ads and track your earnings.
Almost each and every website are approved by Infolinks. However, earnings are dependent on the traffic of your site. If your website traffic is from tier-I countries like USA, Canada, UK or Australia, you can expect to make good recurring income.
Here is the income of one of my blog that uses Infolinks network for monetization.
Payments are issued once you reach the minimum payout threshold which is set at $50 if you want to receive payment via PayPal, eCheck, ACH or Payoneer.
For Bank Wire Transfer, the minimum payout threshold is $100.
With over 20,000 publishers worldwide, RevenueHits is another great alternative to Google Adsense.
It allows you as a publisher to display the most relevant ads to your audience to boost conversion and make more money from your ad space.
It allows you to signup with a simple form and get you started instantly. More than 5000 advertisers under its network, RevenueHits make sure that every publisher gets competitive rate and start generating more profits.
For all your ad space, you get a guaranteed 100% fill rate for all GEOs. The ad network is also optimized to display the most profitable ads based on your user's geographic location.
They offer both contextual and geo-targeted ads. Please note that they are a performance-based network, also called CPA (Cost Per Action), not a CPC or CPM network.
CPA means that you are paid only when a visitor clicks ad on your site and take specific actions like making a purchase or signing up as a lead. So you're not paid for clicks as in the case of Google Adsense.
RevenueHits offers the following Ad formats:
- Display Banners: It provides display banners of all popular sizes like 300x250, 250x250, 728x90 and others for desktop as well as mobile devices.
- Popunder: A pop ad generates instant revenues from your existing website traffic due to its high visibility. The pop opens the ad window behind the current browser window. It becomes visible only when the user closes the window or tab.
- In-Page Push: It is displayed on a specific webpage and does not require a subscription from your website's users, therefore it is visible to all users.
- Floating Banner: It is a full-screen advertisement that is displayed at natural transition points like between two content pages. Some ad network called it Interstitial ad format.
Some other ad format offered by RevenueHits are Shadow Box, Slider, Dialog, Footer, and others.
As RevenueHits doesn't have any minimum traffic requirements, you are approved as a publisher as soon as you create an account with them. After joining them, you can log in to your Dashboard and set up your ads.
Payments are made via Wire Transfer, PayPal, Payoneer, and Bitcoin.
Revcontent is a leader in native advertising. While it is a known fact that displaying advertisement can slow down a site, Revcontent claims 60% faster page load speed than its competitors.
The ad format are highly customizable where you can adjust fonts and colors that suits the look and feel of your blog.
It also gives you the ability to control what ads you don't want to display on your blog. Thus, you can provide a high quality user experience to your audience by blocking ads by keyword, image, brand and category.
The ad network claims to offer 20%+ higher rates than other ad platforms.
To get started with Revcontent you need to sign up with them as a publisher. On the registration page you are required to enter information like your domain name, page views, name, address and others.
The payment term of Revcontent is Net-30. The minimum payment threshold to receive payment is $50.
Google Adsense is the number one choice for many bloggers to monetize their blogs by displaying banner advertisements.
However, their strict approval process doesn't accept every one of them.
Even after being approved, many bloggers face the risk of being banned by Adsense for violation of their strict terms of service.
Due to these reasons you may want to try Adsense alternatives to see which ad network works best for you.
However before applying to any ad network to join as a publisher, you must ensure that your site is not associated with malware, piracy or anything illegal.
Your site may also be rejected if it contains adult content or is restricted by a login.
I hope you like this article on some of the best Google Adsense alternatives.
If you have not created a site for yourself, you can get started at GreenGeeks at only $2.95 per month.
You can also take the help of your guide on how to create a website where you would get step by step instructions to set up a blog in a proper manner.
Which ad network you like the most and why? Please offer your comment below.
Sharing is Caring! If you like this article, please take a moment to share it on social channels.