Blogger is a blog-publishing service that was developed by Pyra Labs, which was later bought by Google in 2003.
Bloggers allows you to create unlimited blogs for free but you can't scale it as per your requirement as you can in a WordPress blogs.
It is limited in function and you can't customize it as per your liking.
However, it is very popular among newbie bloggers who can't afford to pay for hosting charges.
Since it allows you to create unlimited number of blogs, newbie bloggers out of excitement creates as many blogs as possible.
However, after few months or years, you may realize that some blogs on blogger are required to be deleted for the following reasons:
1. The blog has been abandoned by you long ago and there is no fresh contents.
2. You may want to start a new blog with the same domain name with fresh content on WordPress.
3. Your blog's spam score might have increased and has been penalized by Google.
Whatever may be the reason it is very easy to delete a blog on blogger.
Check out the steps mentioned below and delete your blog on blogger.
Must Read: Thrive Themes Review
How To Delete A Blog on Blogger?
Follow these simple to implement steps to delete your Blogger's blog.
- Log in to your Blogger.com using your Google Account. If you are already log in to your gmail account on your computer, you will be automatically logged in to Blogger.com.
- After successful log in to Blogger.com, click on ▼ on the left side (see image). It will display the list of blogs you have created on Blogger.
Here, select the blog that you want to delete.
3. Go to Settings >> Other. Here you will get the option to delete your blog. But don't press the Delete blog option now.
4. In the above image, you can see that apart from the Delete blog option, there is another option under Import & back up to back up your blog content - Back up Content.
5. Before deleting your blog if you want to take a backup of your blog contents such as pages, posts and comments, select Back up Content. It will download the backup in your computer.
6. After taking the backup of your content, select Delete blog. Now you will be asked to export your blog (see the image). Select the Download Blog to export your blog in xml file. You can use this file, if you ever change your mind to restore your blog.
7. Finally select Delete This Blog to delete your blog.
8. Select Permanently Delete to remove your blog forever from Blogger.
That’s it, the blog has been successfully deleted.
How To Restore A Deleted Blog on Blogger?
Please refer to step 8 above.
If you had not opted to delete your blog permanently in step 8 then you have 90-days to restore your deleted blog.
Within 90-days you have the option to restore your deleted blog anytime.
You can restore your deleted blog by following these steps:
Click the down arrow at the top left of the Blogger page.
In the dropdown menu, from the Deleted blogs option, select the name of your deleted blog.
Your formerly deleted blog will be restored back to normal.
I hope now you know how to delete your blog on Blogger.com.
Blogger.com is an obvious choice for newbie bloggers as they don't have to invest on web hosting plans.
Blogger.com is free and you can create unlimited blogs on its platform.
However, features of Blogger is very limited and doesn't provide much customization option.
If you want to create a professional blog with lots of customization option then WordPress could be your best choice.
Please keep in mind that here I am talking about WordPress.org and not WordPress.com
WordPress.org is the best platform for blogging Because it is an open-source free blogging platform that allows you to build your website or blog within minutes.
With 50000 plus plugins it becomes so easy to use and customize WordPress. Essential plugins add awesome features to your blog.
One more important feature of WordPress is that it is search engine friendly.
Almost 33% of all websites in the world are using WordPress. And almost all popular bloggers of the world are using WordPress for their blogs.
Though WordPress is free to use, you need to have a domain name and a hosting plan to use it.
If you are on Blogger, this is the right to move on to WordPress. You can sign up with a hosting provider like Bluehost which will cost only $2.95/month with a free-domain and start your WordPress blog today.
Which blogging platform you like the most - Blogger or WordPress, please comment below.
Sharing is Caring! If you like this article, please share it now.