In this article I will tell you how to cloak affiliate links on your website with WordPress plugin. There are some wonderful WordPress plugins which can help you to cloak affiliate links you have put in your website for promoting affiliate products. These plugins has many more features like managing your affiliate links, categorize your links, adding no follow option and many more.
In my earlier post where I had explain about cloaking affiliate links by using .htaccess redirection I had already explained the reasons for which you may cloak your affiliate links.
If you had not gone through it you may be interested to have a look on it. Here is the link-
Go through the above link you will find answer to some common questions on cloaking affiliate link such as-
- Why Should You Cloak Affiliate Link in Your Blog or Website?
- What is Link Cloaking?
- Benefits of Using Link Cloaking using .htaccess redirection
Benefits of Cloaking Affiliate Links using WordPress Plugins
- Link cloaking shortens the affiliate link and the link looks more branded to your user. Users are now more likely to click on this branded URL instead of long affiliate link thereby increasing the click-through rate (CTR).
- By using link cloaking it becomes difficult for anyone to use malware to replace your unique affiliate link. Thus, you preserve your commission.
- Now you can easily manage all your affiliate links. You only have to change the link in one place, and it will be automatically modified everywhere.
- If you actively promote your affiliate campaign by sending emails to your users then it would be wise to cloak your affiliate link in order to land your mails in inbox folder instead of spam folder.
- These plugins will help you to track all the clicks to your affiliate links. You can easily see which posts, pages, or parts of your blog’s layout are most effective in driving the affiliate sales.
- With the help of these plugins you easily add the rel=nofollow attribute without requiring you to add it manually.
How To Cloak Affiliate Links With WordPress Plugins
Let's see what are the best plugins available that can help to cloak affiliate links.
ThirstyAffiliates Affiliate Link Manager
ThirstyAffiliates Affiliate Link Manager is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to easily cloak your affiliate links.
This plugin creates a new short-link redirect to your long ugly affiliate link by making a pretty link with your own website URL.
You can group your affiliate links into hierarchical categories. You can even add click tracking to your links to track every click.
With this plugin you can easily insert affiliate links in posts, pages and even comments.
This plugin also has a PRO version with many more features than the free version.
Easy Affiliate Links
This is another plugin which allows you to manage and cloak all your affiliate links.
The free version allows you to assign categories to your links, track monthly and lifetime clicks, import affiliate links from XML and CSV and export your links to XML.
It also has a premium version which provides valuable insights with click statistics and charts, and automatic broken links checker.
You can use any of the above plugins to cloak your affiliate links. If affiliate marketing is your sole bread and butter it is highly recommended to use these tools to protect your commissions.
One more suggestion is that as a best practice you must put an affiliate disclosure link in your site.
Essentially, whenever an affiliate link is used on your website that results in a commission, you must disclose this information to site visitors. It ensure fair business practices and provide transparency to your site's readers.
I hope that now you know how to cloak affiliate links on your website with WordPress plugins.
If you have any question or suggestion please comment below.
Also, if you are using any other method or plugins to cloak affiliate link please share in the comment box.
you may also like
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning that if you click on one of these links and purchase an item, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. For more information, see my disclosures here.